- Historical Commission – Consisting of 5 members, the Historical Commission considers and makes recommendations to the city council in regard to matters related to historic public properties located within the city limits. Members are appointed by the City Council. Meeting September 26, 2012 Agenda
- Municipal Development District, Board of Directors – Meetings are scheduled as needed with agendas being posted on the bulletin board outside city hall 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- Parks & Recreation Commission – Consisting of 5 members, the Parks & Recreation Commission considers and makes recommendations to the city council in regard to matters related to public parks located within the city limits. Members are appointed by the City Council. Agenda
- Planning & Zoning Commission – Consisting of 5 members, the Planning & Zoning Commission has several duties to include: Assisting in preparation of a comprehensive master plan of public improvements, looking to the present and future growth and development of the city; Give aid to city officials charged with the direction of projects or improvements embraced within the Selma Master Plan, to further the making of such improvements, and generally to promote the realization of the Selma Master Plan; Arrange and conduct any form of publicity relative to the planning & zoning commission’s activities for the general purpose of public understanding; And to approve applications for preliminary and final subdivision plats and replats. Members are appointed by the City Council. Meetings are scheduled on the last Monday of each month if warranted. The current Selma Zoning Map is available online. Further inquiries and questions related to planning and zoning should be made to Larry Verner (email@example.com) or Ken Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org). Meeting Agenda for March 25, 2013
- Reinvestment Zone #1, Board of Directors – consists of 10 volunteer members appointed by City Council. The members represent various taxing entities to include: City of Selma, Bexar County, and the San Antonio River Authority. The primary purpose of the board is to review and validate claims for infrastructure reimbursement in the Selma Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone. The Board then sends a recommendation to the City Council on distribution of tax increment funds. Meetings are scheduled as needed with agendas being posted on the bulletin board outside city hall 72 hours prior to the meeting.
For additionial information on any of the listed Commissions or Boards, please contact Ken Roberts, CPM, City Administrator / City Secretary, Ph. 210.651.7824, email@example.com