Chapter 14 of the Selma Code of Ordinances specifies the administration and care & control of animals residing in the Selma city limits. Some major points of emphasis from Chapter 14 include:
- It shall be the duty of the owner or keeper of each and every dog or cat kept in the city to have such dog or cat vaccinated against rabies at least once each year.
- A certificate from the veterinarian must be on file with the City at the time the pet is licensed with the City.
- Residents have 30 days after acquiring a pet to register that animal with the City and to obtain a City License.
- Animals are prohibited from roaming freely.
- Impounding fees are outlined below:
|CHAPTER 14. ANIMALS|
|Code Section Number||Description||Amount|
|14-84(b)||Pound fees for dogs and cats||for 1st offense||$30.00|
|for 2nd offense||40.00|
|per additional offense||50.00|
|14-84(b)||Daily pound charge||8.00|
Usually in October of each year, Selma will host an Annual Pet Registration and Rabies Drive at the Fire Station for citizens to have their pets vaccinated against rabies and to have their pets registered with the city. For more information, please call Ph. 210.651.6661