Municipal Court

Beginning April 20, 2021, the City of Selma Municipal Court will resume in-person hearings.  The Court will follow a modified version of the City of Selma 2020 COVID-19 Operating Plan.  Under the direction of Presiding Judge Darrell Dullnig, the plan will be followed to ensure the health and safety of litigants, attorneys, visitors, court staff, and other individuals entering the building.  Our staff will implement the following protective measures during court days: Monitoring Judge and Court Staff Health, Flexible Docket Scheduling, Vulnerable Populations Accommodations, Social Distancing, Good Hygiene Practices, COVID-19 Symptom Screening, Mandatory Face Coverings, and Frequent Court Cleaning.

Municipal Court is held on the third Tuesday of the month and is located inside City Hall.  Doors open at 7:00 a.m. for you to start checking in.  Prosecutors will begin seeing people at 7:30 a.m., and the Judge will begin at 8:30 a.m.

Selma Municipal Court

If you wish to pay your fine or to provide any documents to the court, be sure to provide your name and citation number on all documents and correspondence.  Many violations can be processed in person before your court date.  You can request a payment plan, deferred disposition, or defensive driving at the court window.  Payments are also accepted by mail, online, or in person.  Please wear your mask when you come to the court office.

Click here to pay your citation online

Court Appearances

You must appear either in person, by mail, or through an attorney. A telephone call does not constitute an appearance.

Please note: The Municipal Court clerks cannot make judgments on any of the cases processed. They also cannot give legal advice or dismiss cases as those are the duties of the prosecutors and the judge. The clerks will assist you in any way possible to process
paperwork and provide information.

Continuances are not granted by a telephone call. You must either come in person or fax a request to 210-651-9018 for a reset for the next court date. Only one reset may be granted by the court judge.

Proper Attire

Please dress in proper attire when appearing in court. Do not wear:

  • Halter tops
  • Hats
  • Muscle shirts
  • Open shirts
  • Shorts

Failure to Appear

Failure to appear for your court date will result in the filing of additional charges, issuance of warrant(s) of arrest, denied renewal of your driver license, and referral to a collections firm.  Pursuant to Texas C.C.P Art. 103.0031, the court is authorized to add a 30% collections fee to outstanding court balances. 

For comments or concerns about our court,  please contact our court administrator.